As the population ages, and nearly 10,000 baby boomers will turn 65 each day over the next 15 years, it’s good to know that lifestyle choices for those needing some assistance with daily living are changing too. You can toss out that idea of an institutional environment or a boring routine with nothing to do. Today’s seniors are discovering a world of opportunities and inspiration in an environment that often calls to mind a fine hotel.
And why not? At The Carrington at Lincolnwood, positive, potential-filled senior living helps residents remain as self-reliant as possible, even when health challenges arise. Simply put, you might need a hand now and then, but you are eager as ever to learn, laugh and enjoy new experiences, make new friends and stay in control of your life.
This kind of next-generation assisted living offers an array of advantages that are all part of Carrington FIRST—putting our residents first in every way.
- Familiar comfort. You haven’t lost your sense of style. That is why each of the beautiful 88 assisted living residences is well appointed and designed to make it easy to add your personal touch, calling it home. It’s reassuring to relax and enjoy the day knowing everything The Carrington at Lincolnwood offers is nearby. Striking studios and apartments with one or two bedrooms are available and feature thoughtful details such as a half-kitchen, walk-in closets, a large bath and more.
- Ease of living. At the Carrington, the stress of daily household chores, preparing meals or even getting to physician’s appointments, the hairdresser or other services is gone. The Carrington provide all this and more for one monthly rental fee, so you can turn your attention to something much more fun like learning to paint, giggling with your grandchildren, or watching your dog play in The Carrington dog park. here will be neighbors to meet, birthdays to celebrate, or simply time to bask in some welcome sunshine.
- Safety & security. Enjoying day-to-day hobbies and new pastimes is a breeze when you feel safe and secure. At The Carrington at Lincolnwood, assisted living residents know a highly professional staff is on hand to help with bathing, dressing, mobility and other personal needs. What’s more, it feels good to spend your days knowing what you need is right at your fingertips. No more need to rely on family, friends or paid caretakers. At The Carrington, there is even an EMT on-site as well as 24-hour security.
- Friends & social interaction. Regularly engaging in fun and relaxing activities can lower your blood pressure, help you avoid weight gain and lower cortisol, the stress hormone that has a negative effect on your health. The Carrington offers a full calendar of fun and stimulating activities and events that keep you engaged, entertained and looking forward to each day.
- Lifelong wellness. This is the key to successful aging, and living in a senior living community that focuses on all eight dimensions of wellness like The Carrington at Lincolnwood gives you a tremendous advantage towards staying active, healthy and inspired.
These are just a few of the reasons why assisted living can be an exceptional choice. There are many more. One thing is for sure: you don’t have to compromise at The Carrington at Lincolnwood retirement community—you can enjoy a rich, supportive lifestyle that puts you FIRST!